Peter Kenamets has represented clients before Swedish courts in many patent infringement and invalidity matters in various technical areas. These matters have involved pursuing and defending claims for preliminary injunctions, trials in the court of first instance, appeal proceedings and EPO opposition proceedings. Peter is often recognised for his work as a leading person in international rankings for contentious patent matters. Peter further has experience of acting for clients in contractual disputes before courts and arbitration tribunals as well as court proceedings relating to IP rights other than patents.
- Representing a major original pharmaceutical drug producer in Supplementary Protection Certificate
proceedings pending before the Patent and Market Appeals Court.
- Represented a Swedish client researching and developing instruments for measurement of implant stability in patent infringement and invalidity proceedings before the Patent and Market Court.
- Represented a Swiss developer and producer of industrial machines and solutions in proceedings relating to
ownership of patents and patent applications pending before the Patent and
- Represented a Swedish producer and supplier of products for fibre optic networks in patent infringement and
invalidity proceedings before the Patent and Market Court.
- Represented a supplier of plants, equipment, and services for the pulp and paper industry in district
court patent infringement proceedings and opposition proceedings before the
Swedish Court of Patent Appeals.
- Represented a Swedish manufacturer of material handling vehicles in district and appeal court patent
infringement and invalidity proceedings involving technology for drive control
systems for vehicles. (This was one of the biggest patent cases ever in Sweden,
with eleven days of main hearing in the district court.)
- Represented a Swedish producer of absorbent hygiene articles in district court patent infringement proceedings regarding incontinence products.
- Represented an Austrian pharmaceutical company in appeal court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings relating to peptide pharmaceuticals.
- Represented a Swedish producer of foamed materials in appeal court patent infringement and invalidity
proceedings regarding polymer chemistry.
- Represented a client in appeal court patent infringement and invalidity proceedings relating to floor cleaning
and maintenance technology.
- Represented a client in district court patent infringement proceedings involving harvesting machines
- IP due diligence
- IP transactions & licensing
- Utility models
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, contentious
- SEP (Standard Essential Patents)
- Trade secrets
- Software & IT
- Life sciences
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Associate lawyer, Mannheimer Swartling, 1998-2002
- Law clerk, trainee judge, Stockholm District Court, 1997-199
- Trainee lawyer, Lagerlöf & Leman, 1997
- Master of Laws, University of Gothenburg, School of Business, Economics and Law, 1996
- Authorised Swedish Patent Attorney
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Industrial Property)
- VIRK (Intellectual Property Society of Western Sweden)