From our offices across Europe and Asia, we provide clients with strategic advice and durable solutions to secure innovations, protect brands and develop solid intellectual property portfolios.
As industries and sectors become overcrowded, AWA helps innovators monetise on intangible assets. As markets become saturated, we help brands differentiative themselves and stand-out.
Patents, trademarks, IP legal, design, copyright and domain names
We identify the best combination of intellectual property rights to offer strong protection for our clients including patents, trademarks, IP legal, copyright, domain names and design rights.
Capturing IP value
AWA focuses on the long-term – building a business is a journey that requires strategy throughout the corporate cycle to protect and enforce IP rights, but to also identity and capture the value of intellectual assets. This strategy is what will support your business as it navigates evolving marketplaces.
Our practice areas
Patents, Trademarks, Designs, Utility models, Community Trademark, Registered Community Design, Unitary Patent
Renewal of patent rights, Renewal of trademark rights, Renewal of design rights
Patent infringement and invalidity disputes, Trademark disputes, EPO oppositions, Design disputes, Trade secret disputes
Searches & analyses, Freedom to operate investigations, Monitoring, IP strategy, Valuation services, IPR Forum
IP due diligence, Agreements, Open innovation, Trade secrets, Employee's rights to inventions
Management, Registration, Monitoring, Valuation, Acquisitions, TLDs, Searches, Watching, IT Security
- AWA recognised as a top tier firm in Managing IP’s patent rankings
- Sidsel Hauge and Ashley Zhao selected as Influential Women in IP
- Financial Times lists AWA as one of Europe’s Leading Patent Law Firms 2020
- Anette Rasmussen appointed ECTA President
- 19 AWA attorneys recommended as the world’s leading patent professionals
- Sidsel Hauge is recognised as one of the top 250 women in IP
Let's talk. AWA has over 350 employees across Belgium, China, Denmark, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland offering strategic IP advice virtually or physically. There is no charge for this initial contact, so let's talk to identify your intellectual property needs and start developing the market together.
Some initial questions clients come to us with:
• How do I manage IP infringement on a global scale?
• How do we implement a brand management strategy?
• Is our trademark protected globally?
• Can domains with my brand name be registered by others?
• How does a patent stop competitors from stealing our ideas?
• How do I know if someone else has patented my innovation?
• What intellectual property rights do my competitors own?
• How can I renew an expired design, patent or trademark?
The Trade Marks (Amendment) Ordinance 2020 was gazetted on June 19, 2020. While the Amendment does not introduce any substantive changes to the underlying Hong Kong trademark laws, it does provide a basis in Hong Kong Law for the application of the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks (Madrid […]