What is a cookie?
According to Wikipedia:
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user's previous activity.”
How to disable cookies
To opt out of using cookies at awa.com, change the cookie settings in your web browser. Usually it is possible to either disable cookies completely, or just for specific sites/domains.
Here are links to help on how to disable cookies in the most common web browsers:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome on desktop: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Chrome on mobile: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
- Safari on desktop: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214
- Safari on mobile: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
Technical details about cookies at awa.com
This cookie expires 2 years after it is set.
This cookie expires 12 months after it is set.
_ga and Facebook Pixel
Google Universal Analytics: Tracking the path of visitors through the website and identifying returning visitors. Statistics derived from this information help us identify how well certain pages and aspects of the site perform, and where we can make improvements to help visitors access the information they need more quickly and with less hassle.
This cookie expires two years after it is set.
_upsales_uniqueID_session: This cookie tracks the unique visitors and helps us divide different sessions from each other for that visitor.
_upsales_uniqueID_tracker: This cookie tracks the user over a longer period of time.
The above cookies expires 2 hours, 6 months or two years respectively after they are set.