Lars Nilsson is a European Patent Attorney specialising in mechanics with technical expertise in civil engineering, fixed constructions, mining and medical technology.
Lars drafts and prosecutes patent applications globally for local and international clients. He is often involved in conducting infringement and validity investigations and freedom-to-operate analyses.
He has extensive experience with oppositions and appeals before the European Patent Office and regularly lectures on the latest developments in European patent law.
Lars manages AWA’s Southeast Asia Specialist Team and has led efforts for European-bound work from Asia-Pacific. He is also responsible for AWA’s preferred partner program in China.
Lars manages the medical technology team. In this role, he is responsible for clients primarily engaged in this sector and has developed a specialised team that can meet the specific requirements arising from these clients. He also mentors and trains new colleagues at AWA.
In 2018, Lars spent three months in the USA through an exchange programme with a New York-based law firm. He sat and passed the USPTO Patent Bar Exam during this time.
Before joining AWA, Lars spent nine years at the European Patent Office as an Examiner.
- Analyses & searches
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, contentious
- Patent, prosecution
- Utility models
- Building & construction
- Energy, gas, oil & power
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Patent Examiner, European Patent Office, Munich, 1999-2008
- Master Thesis at Skanska Teknik, 1998-1999
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, University of Strasbourg, 2013
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, 1995-1999
- Exchange Studies, Technical University of Munich, 1997-1998
- BA Civil Engineering, Mid Sweden University 1992-1994
- European Patent Attorney
- United States Patent Office
- epi (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)