Fabian Edlund has worked with intellectual property for over 20 years. He works mainly in the fields of electronics and computer technology, with particular experience in the areas of audio processing, audio amplification, power conversion, solid state lighting, radar level gauging, surgical simulation and Internet-related inventions.
Fabian’s practice is focused on European and international prosecution. He also acts as a strategic adviser for small and medium-sized IT companies, focusing on software development to help them improve their business function with the support of IP.
He is the account manager for some of AWA’s major clients and is a member of AWA’s practice group for patenting software and business methods. Fabian has held numerous lectures in the US, Japan and Sweden on the topic of European practice and the patenting of software inventions in Europe.
Fabian is currently the Vice President of UNION-IP, an association of European practitioners in IP and a member of the UNION Software Commission.
- IP Strategy
- Patent, prosecution
- Energy, gas, oil & power
- Software & IT
- Manufacturing & process technology
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, University of Strasbourg, 2016
- M.Sc. Engineering Physics, Chalmers University (Gothenburg), 1997
- B.B.A. Business Administration, University of Gothenburg, 1997
- European Patent Attorney
- Authorised Patent Attorney (Sweden)
- UNION-IP (Union of European Practitioners in Intellectual Property), Vice President and Software Commission Member