Mattias Forsblom is a Senior European Patent Attorney and assists clients with the business aspects of intellectual property.
Mattias drafts and prosecutes patent applications worldwide and conducts novelty, patentability, infringement and validity analyses for a diverse range of clients.
He has particular experience in the electronics, power transfer systems, telecommunications, high-pressure processing equipment, power and automation, information and communication technology, home and professional lighting sectors.
Mattias has special expertise in the materials science industry from his Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics, which he completed in 2005 and mainly involved different research projects within computational materials science.
He has represented clients in oppositions and appeals before the European Patent Office and completed the CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation from the University of Strasbourg.
- Analyses & searches
- IP Strategy
- Utility models
- Patent, contentious
- Patent, prosecution
- Software & IT
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Surface Science Research Centre, University of Liverpool, UK, 2006-2007
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, University of Strasbourg, 2017
- Ph.D., Theoretical Physics, The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), 2005
- M.Sc., Engineering Physics, The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), 2000
- European Patent Attorney
- Authorised Patent Attorney (Sweden)
- epi (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)