Dr Ylva Strandberg is a registered Australian and New Zealand Patent Attorney specialising in the life sciences field and has spent over eight years in private practice at two Australian firms that are now part of Australia’s largest patent law firm. She has extensive experience in analyses and searches, conducting IP due diligence and providing IP strategy to corporations.
Ylva has worked with all aspects of patent prosecution including provisional, national, Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and prosecuted world-wide patent portfolios for universities, medical research institutes and biotechnology companies.
She has experience with pharmaceutical patent term extensions, inventorship determinations and disputes, hearings, oppositions, assignments, freedom-to-operate opinions, patent infringement opinions and various trademark and design applications.
Before joining AWA, Ylva worked in-house with an Australian designer and manufacturer of recreational exercise products. In this role, she handled all aspects of IP, working closely with senior management, designers, engineers and coordinating with outside counsel to ensure the portfolio was fully protected, maintained and managed.
Ylva also worked at an innovation, venture and investment consultancy in partnership with the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). In this role she handled contract management, negotiation, licensing and assessed ways of adding value to new and existing commercial opportunities.
This unique blend of experiences from the academic, in-house and private practice spheres across Europe and Asia-Pacific provides Ylva with the ability to advise clients over a broad spectrum of issues that includes monetisation and commercialisation of intellectual property.
Ylva is part of the US Business Development Team coordinating sales and marketing efforts and is the Australia and New Zealand Country Representative, developing and maintaining AWA’s preferred partner network and monitoring legal updates in these important markets for our clients.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP transactions & licensing
- IP Strategy
- Patent, prosecution
- Life sciences
- Intellectual Property Counsel, Vuly, 2017-2018
- Associate and Patent and Trade Mark Attorney, Cullens, 2012-2017
- Commercialisation and Relationship Manager, QUT bluebox, 2011-2012
- Patent Attorney and Patent Practitioner, Fisher Adams Kelly, 2008-2011
- Research Scientist and Postdoctoral Fellow, CSIRO, 2002-2007
- Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Queensland, 2001-2002
- M.I.P. Intellectual Property Law, University of Technology Sydney, 2010
- Ph.D. Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Queensland, 2001
- M.Sc. Biomedical Chemistry, University of Kalmar, 1996
- Australian and New Zealand Patent and Trade Mark Attorney
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (FIPTA)