Helle Friis Svenstrup
Helle Friis Svenstrup is a Partner and Team Manager – Life Science, Biotech and Pharma. She specialises in the biotechnology and life sciences fields, focusing on pharmaceuticals, microbiology, immunology and molecular biology.
Helle has experience with all types of patenting issues such as novelty searches, drafting and global prosecution, validation, patent infringement and general IP strategy. Helle files and prosecutes Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPC) applications in Denmark and handles Danish and international recordals of assignments, licenses and pledges.
Helle has spent more than ten years characterising genes and immunogenic proteins from the sexually transmitted infection Mycoplasma Genitalium. She also helped to set up the largest UK-based cross-sectional clinical study for detecting Mycoplasma Genitalium at the top-ranked University College London.
- Analyses & searches
- IP Strategy
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Utility models
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Cleantech & Sustainability
- Cosmetics and hygiene
- Food & beverage
- Life sciences
- Organic chemistry
- Research assistant at Aarhus University (2001)
- Ph.D. researcher at Aarhus University (2001-2006)
- Technical Service Specialist at Qiagen Ltd. (2007-2008)
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist at University College London (2009-2012)
- M.Sc. Biology
- Ph.D. in Medicin