Malin Gullstrand Bergh
Malin Gullstrand Bergh is a Partner with extensive experience in strategically managing global patent portfolios. She has wide-ranging technical expertise across a multitude of industry sectors including applied physics, optics, information communication technology, electronics and polymer engineering.
Malin assists clients with their worldwide intellectual property needs, including novelty searches, freedom-to-operate investigations, invalidation searches and competitive landscape analyses.
She regularly works with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) consulting on patent operations and building internal IP processes. In this role, Malin assists to align the IP strategy to business activities and provides advice with regards to staffing, administrative and other related legal issues SMEs may face throughout their corporate cycle.
Malin has worked with several companies during and after acquisition processes. She assists them with the necessary due diligence activities and portfolio planning and building as related to the business strategy, providing the organisation with an overview of the relevant IP value chains.
She assists clients during initial public offerings (IPOs) with regards to the information obligations, disclosures and reporting requirements needed to go public on the First North and Stockholm Nasdaq exchanges.
Malin also has experience with global patent litigation cases, effectively coordinating and project managing these cases while ensuring resources are managed and adequately assigned.
Malin worked with the telecommunications company Ericsson in various roles including as a Licensing and Patent Portfolio Manager, driving the communication and marketing of Ericsson’s patent portfolio and licensing activities.
She obtained her master’s degree in electrical engineering from Chalmers University of Technology and completed her thesis in the Field of Integrated Optics at Ericsson Research, Fiber Optics Research Centre (FORC). Malin also worked at the Swedish Patent and Trademark Office (PRV) as a Patent Examiner in the electronics and computer science department.
This unique blend of experiences from working in-house, in private practice and from the administrative side as an examiner, allows Malin to advise clients strategically by taking into consideration all possible legal and commercial aspects with a deep technical understanding.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- IP Transactions
- SEP (Standard Essential Patents)
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Oil & power
- Polymer Engineering
- Software & IT
- Senior Patent Business Analyst and Patent Consultant, Private Practice, 2008 – 2012
- Licensing and Patent Portfolio Manager, Ericsson AB, 2002 – 2008
- Manager – Patent Unit Research, Ericsson AB, 2001 – 2002
- Section Manager – Patent Applications, Ericsson AB, 2000 – 2001
- Patent Engineer – Patent Applications, Ericsson AB, 1998 – 2000
- Rätt fokus I styrelsearbetet, noterade bolag, Styrelseakademien, 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management, University of Warwick, 2009
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, 1995
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- LES (Licensing Executive’s Society)
- SIPF (Association of IP Professionals in Swedish Industry)