Love Koči is a certified European Patent Attorney specialising in the field of physics, mechanics, electronics and IT. He completed his M. Sc. in El. Eng. at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in 2001 and his Ph.D. in Physics at Uppsala University in 2008. He passed the EQE exam in 2014 and holds a diploma in European patent litigation from CEIPI.
Love Koči is a certified European Patent Attorney specialising in the field of physics, mechanics, electronics and IT. He completed his M. Sc. in El. Eng. at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in 2001 and his Ph.D. in Physics at Uppsala University in 2008. He passed the EQE exam in 2014 and holds a diploma in European patent litigation from CEIPI. Work tasks include – Drafting and prosecuting patent applications worldwide in various fields of technology, predominantly within mechanics, physics, electronics and IT. – Managing patent opposition matters and infringement investigations. – Performing novelty searches, patentability assessments and freedom-to-operate (FTO) analyses. – Holding lectures within IP. – Managing Awapatent’s specialist team within Materials Technology and Nanotechnology. – Establishing meetings with researchers and companies for analyzing and discussing theiir activity within IP. – Performing contemporary studies within IP, including writing articles and blogs.
- IP Strategy
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, contentious
- Patent, prosecution
- Building & construction
- Energy, gas, oil & power
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Software & IT
- 2003-2008 Ph.D. studies at the Department of Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- 2007 Guest researcher at the Department of Materials, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zürich, Switzerland
- 2004 Guest researcher at the Lawrence Livermore Nat. Laboratory, Livermore, USA.
- 2001-2002 Guest researcher at the University of L’Aquila, Italy within the EU-financed AMORE project. Development of algorithms within logistics and transportation by means of numerical analysis, combinatorics and graph theory.
- 2001 M. Sc. Thesis work at BMW Ag, München, Germany. The thesis work betitled “Contributions to the Control of the Electromechanical Valve Train” concerns the optimization of observers for an electromechanical valve train (EVT). The technology of EVT is implemented in e.g. BMW 316 Compact
- 2000 Trainee at Alstom, Zürich, Switzerland. Development of software regarding analysis of energy losses in gas turbines.
- 2000 French language course, Université Catholique de Lyon.
- 2000 German language course, Universität Freiburg.
- European Patent Attorney
- Diploma in Patent Litigation from CEIPI