As an experienced Patent Attorney, Mats performs a variety of patent-related work in technical fields ranging from mechanics to telecommunication. His daily tasks include prosecution of patent applications, providing strategy advice as well as various analysis work associated with, freedom to operate and patent infringement.
Phone:+46 40 98 51 44
Mobile:+46 720 506 444
Mats’ academic background is from Uppsala University where he studied physics and mathematics as an undergraduate followed by research in the fields of astronomy and astrophysics, resulting in a doctoral degree in astronomy in 1995.
As a Patent Attorney at Ericsson, Mats started his career in the patent field and has ever since continued doing a variety of patent-related work in various fields of technology. Working at leading Swedish patent firms, Mats has gained many years of experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications within a wide variety of technical areas, ranging from general physics, mechanics, optics and electronics to IT and telecommunication and computer software.
Mats’ daily work includes drafting and prosecuting patent applications on inventions, infringement analysis, general strategic advice and freedom-to-operate evaluations. Having worked as a consultant patent attorney for many years, serving clients ranging from single inventors and SMEs to globally active corporations, Mats has accumulated a broad technical, as well as social, competence which makes it easy for him to identify and provide cost-efficient solutions for clients.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- SEP (Standard Essential Patents)
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Media & entertainment
- Software & IT
- Patent Attorney, BRANN, 2017-2022
- Patent Attorney, Valea, 2010-2017
- Patent Attorney, Zacco Sweden, 2007–2009
- Patent Attorney, Awapatent, 1999-2007
- Patent Attorney, Ericsson, 1995-1998
- Ph.D. Astronomy, Uppsala University, 1995
- Undergraduate Studies in Physics, Mathematics, Astrophysics and Astronomy, Uppsala University, 1988
- Authorised Patent Attorney (Sweden)
- SIPF (Association of IP Professionals in Swedish Industry)