David is a European Patent Attorney, experienced in patent prosecution and post-grant procedures. He assists clients within the fields of green technology, materials and general mechanics, focusing on aligning IP with business goals.
Mobile:+47 952 11 384
As a former EPO examiner, David has in-depth knowledge of international and European patent procedures. Combined with his interest in new technologies and excellent communication skills, his working experience provides great benefits to his clients, when formulating IP strategies and prosecuting patent applications.
Opposition and appeal procedures before Norwegian national authorities and the EPO are his areas of special interest, always with a keen eye on the latest legal developments. In 2022, he obtained a European Litigation Certificate from the Polytechnical University of Milan, Italy, allowing him to represent clients before the Unified Patent Court.
David assists both SMEs and large businesses and is particularly proud to have contributed to several start-ups on their road to success.
His clients are based in Norway and abroad.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- Marine Technology
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Polymer Engineering
- Patent Attorney, Bryn Aarflot AS, 2019 – 2022
- Patent Examiner, European Patent Office, 2007 – 2019
- Postdoc Researcher Physics, Oslo University, 2005 – 2007
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, Polytechnic University of Milan, 2022
- Ph.D. Applied Physics, Eindhoven University of Technology, 2004
- MSc geoscience, Utrecht University, 2000
- European Patent Attorney
- epi – Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office