Ylva specialises in biotechnology and organic chemistry. She works with all patent-related issues, including patentability analysis as well as drafting and prosecution of patent applications. She completed her Ph.D. in organic chemistry, focusing on biocatalysis and protein engineering at Stockholm University in 2015. Before joining AWA, Ylva was an examiner at the Swedish Chemicals Agency.
Ylva works in close collaboration with clients and inventors. Her main focus areas are biological and small molecule pharmaceuticals and formulations thereof, protein engineering, antibodies, immunology, vaccine development, and neurochemistry.
Ylva is involved in drafting and prosecution of patent applications, patentability evaluations, IP strategies, Freedom to Operate (FTO) analyses and IP due diligence.
She has a M.Sc. in Chemistry and received her Ph.D. in organic chemistry from Stockholm University. Ylva has a particularly deep understanding of protein engineering, enzymology and organic chemistry from her time as an academic researcher.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Life sciences
- Organic chemistry
- Scientific officer at the Swedish Chemicals Agency, examiner of active substances in plant protection products, 2016-2017.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University, 2015, including 3 months as a visiting researcher at EPFL, Switzerland.
- M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University, 2009.
- Bc.Sc. in Chemistry, Stockholm University, 2008.
- Molecular Biology study program, Stockholm University, 2004-2008.