Johanna Bergh is a European Patent Attorney and a Swedish Patent Attorney. She works mainly within the fields of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. She has particular experience in the areas of biopharmaceuticals, bioprocessing, protein engineering and MedTech.
For several years Johanna has worked closely with one of AWA’s major clients from the pharmaceutical field. She has gained extensive experience in patent portfolio management, application drafting and prosecution, patent due diligence work, reviewing IP agreements, freedom-to-operate and infringement analyses and supplementary protection certificates.
At AWA, Johanna manages the pharma-biotech team. In this role, she is responsible for clients primarily engaged in this sector and has developed a specialised team that can meet the specific requirements arising from these clients. She is also a member of the life sciences specialist team.
Johanna has a Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Finance. Before joining AWA in 2006, Johanna worked as a Research Engineer at GE Healthcare within the fields of proteomics and protein separation.
Johanna’s in-house experience combined with her business background provides her with a unique ability to understand a client’s commercial and intellectual property needs.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- IP Transactions
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Life sciences
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Organic chemistry
- Research Engineer, GE Healthcare, 2003-2006
- Master Thesis in Molecular Biology, Hôpital Universitaire Pitié-Salpêtrière, 2002
- M.Sc. Chemical Engineering (Specialising in Pharmaceuticals), Uppsala University, 2003
- BA Business Finance, Uppsala University, 2003
- European Patent Attorney
- Authorised Patent Attorney (Sweden)
- epi (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Industrial Property)
- SIPF (Association of IP Professionals in Swedish Industry)