Emmanuel drafts patent applications, opposition notices and observations. He also performs Freedom to Operate analyses and prior art searches.
He was a patent examiner at the European Patent Office (EPO) in search, examination and opposition proceedings as first, second examiner and chairperson, respectively, for almost 13 years and operated in the three official languages of the EPO (English, French and German).
Before working at the EPO, Emmanuel occupied several roles, notably as an engineer in the automotive industry where he worked for almost nine years, providing him with the technical background, knowledge and expertise to assist clients with their innovations.
- Analyses & searches
- Building & construction
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Software & IT
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, 2022
- MBA, London Business School, 2004
- M.Eng. IC Engines and Petroleum Products, IFP School, 1998
- M.Eng. Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Université libre de Bruxelles, 1996