Louise has extensive experience providing legal advice and counsel for all types of intellectual property rights. She focuses on litigation, contracts, negotiations, license and transfer agreements, data protection regulations and competition law matters. Louise strategically assists clients with any of the legal issues that arise from their intellectual property portfolios.
She supports business development activities across the firm and has formed strong relationships with research centers and educational institutions.
Prior to joining AWA, Louise worked as a lawyer at the Swedish Patent and Registration Office. She supported examiners with legal advice, drafted guidelines, handled restitution cases, patent pledges and supplementary protection certificates. She regularly held trainings on the legal aspects of patent prosecution and post-grant proceedings.
Louise’s experience allows her to advise clients from both an administrative and judicial perspective, ensuring her clients’ intellectual property rights are fully protected, maintained and managed. She also specialises in European Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs).
Her clients range from pharmaceutical giants to promising IP-rich start-ups, with a focus on turning research results into profitable intellectual assets. She has worked with clients of all sizes across a range of industries to manage their intellectual property rights. This includes through licensing and transfer as well as developing IP strategies and internal processes that align with a company’s business plan.
Louise leads AWA’s Unitary Patent Specialist Team comprising of experienced attorneys from across our European offices. She fully understands the Unitary Patent System and advises clients on the best course of action for their European patents.
She is an active participator in the intellectual property and business communities, regularly attending industry events and contributing articles on legal developments to leading industry publications. Louise is the President of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI) in Sweden and continues to be ranked as a leading lawyer by the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals.
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- IP Transactions
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Trade secrets
- Building & construction
- Life sciences
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Software & IT
- Attorney at Law, IAM Advokatbyrå AB, 2016-2017
- Lawyer, Swedish Patent and Registration Office, 2004-2016
- Court Clerk, Enforcement Authority in Jönköping/District Court of Norrköping, 2001-2003
- LL.M. (Specialising in Insolvency Law), Lund University, 2001
- Master’s Programme in Intellectual Property, Malmö University, 2001
- Registered Representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- AIPPI Sweden (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- FICPI (International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys), Vice-President (Sweden)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)