Anette Rasmussen is a Partner and Attorney at Law. She began her career in intellectual property law in 1998 as an examiner at the Norwegian Patent Office. Her experience encompasses all aspects of IP law including copyright, utility model disputes and patents, with a focus on trademarks, domain names and marketing practices. Anette is well-versed in European IP legislation.
Anette assists clients to enforce their IP rights through settlement negotiations and litigation, including before national IP offices, the Danish courts and the General Court (ECG) of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU).
Anette advises clients from a diverse range of industries including pharmaceuticals, food and beverage and luxury and consumer goods, providing advice on worldwide strategy, prosecution and enforcement of IP rights, infringements, ownership and validity disputes.
She works closely with two of the top 10 most valuable Danish brands (as ranked by Brand Finance in 2019) and has assisted with their expansion and establishment throughout the world in respect of trademark registration and enforcement in strategic markets.
Anette continues to be ranked as a leading IP lawyer by major industry publications and legal directories including: Managing IP, The Legal 500, World Trademark Review and World IP Review.
She has been recognised as one of "The Top 250 Women in IP" by Managing IP and one of 80 "Influential Women in IP" by World IP Review. Anette's enforcement and litigation work has also earned her a silver banding leading individual ranking by World Trademark Review.
In 2017, Anette was accepted into the biographical dictionary service Kraks Blå Bog. Comparable to Marquis Who's Who, Kraks Blå Bog includes people that make lasting contributions to Danish society.
Anette is the Managing Partner of AWA Law Advokater ApS. AWA works closely with AWA Law in Denmark on litigation.
- Analyses & searches
- Internet law & domain names
- IP transactions & licensing
- IP Strategy
- Marketing law
- Domain names
- Litigation (TM, designs)
- Trade secrets
- Food & beverage
- Cosmetics and hygiene
- Magister Legum LL.M., Bayrische Julius-Maximilians University of Würzburg, Germany, 1996
- Master of Law, University of Copenhagen, 1994
- Danish Bar, 2010
- Danish High Court, 2018
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- ADIPA (Association of Danish Intellectual Property Attorneys)
- Danish Bar Association
- ECTA (European Communities Trade Mark Association), Management Committee and Council Member
- FICPI (International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys)
- INTA (International Trademark Association)
- AIPPI (The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)