Mikkel Roed Trier
Mikkel Roed Trier is a European Patent Attorney with over fifteen years of experience in patent drafting, prosecution, infringement, Freedom to Operate (FTO) analysis, oppositions and litigation. Mikkel is President of the Danish Association of IP Attorneys (ADIPA) and is recommended in IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners.
Mikkel regularly assists clients with due diligence analysis, infringement analysis and IP portfolio strategy. He has a strong focus and experience with the strategic and commercial aspects of IP, assisting clients to reach an optimum position in existing and new markets.
He completed the Ceipi Diploma Course on Patent Litigation in Europe in 2016 and is currently teaching a claim drafting course with a required exam to gain the Certified Danish Patent Agent accreditation. Mikkel is a court-appointed expert to the Danish Maritime and Commercial High Court and is also admitted to serve as a technical judge to the Danish Maritime and Commercial High Court in mechanical IP matters.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- Utility models
- Building & construction
- Cleantech & Sustainability
- M.Sc. Construction Engineering, Aalborg University, 2002
- European Patent Attorney
- Registered Representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- EPI (European Patent Institute)
- FICPI (Féderation International des Conceils en Proprieté Intellectuelle)
- AIPPI (Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle)
- ADIPA (Association of Danish Intellectual Property Attorneys)
- FIR (Foreningen Industriel Retsbeskyttelse)