Carsten Lous is a European Patent Attorney and Business Area Manager for Norway. He has extensive experience working with IP strategy, patenting, trademark registration and design protection.
As Business Area Manager, Carsten is responsible for coordinating the direction and strategy of AWA’s Norwegian business. In addition to managing the Oslo office, he focuses on developing client relationships in the Norwegian market.
Before joining AWA, Carsten led an international in-house team at Stokke as the Legal and IPR Director. His experience with licencing, mergers and acquisitions, litigation and prosecution on a global scale positions him as a seasoned IP strategist.
Combining this skill set with his years of experience from private practice provides Carsten with the ability to fully comprehend, protect, enforce and monetise a corporation’s intellectual asset portfolio.
Carsten holds a Master of Science in Industrial Chemistry and has held several board appointments with Norwegian IP associations.
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- IP transactions & licensing
- Litigation (patent)
- Litigation (TM, designs)
- Building & construction
- Energy, gas, oil & power
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Polymer Engineering
- Legal and IPR Director, Stokke AS, 2012 – 2020
- Head of Patents and Designs, Zacco Norway AS, 2007 – 2012
- Patent and Design Attorney, Oslo Patentkontor, 1999 – 2007
- Product Manager, BASF AS, 1996 – 1999
- M.Sc. Industrial Chemistry, Ecole Européenne des Hautes Etudes des Industries Chimiques de Strasbourg (EHICS), 1995
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Telemark School of Engineering (TMIH), 1991
- European Patent Attorney
- epi, (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- NIR, (Norwegian Association for the Protection of Industrial Property)
- AIPPI, (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- LES, (Licensing Executives Society)